sábado, 10 de novembro de 2018

Gildenlöw's chorus-less brick


This blog is meant to be something personal and all the content was supposed be my own stuff. However, reader can indeed find here references to thirty-part stuff.
It is because there are pieces of art currently out of my reach in vertical terms, if you know what a mean. Therefore, I cannot help posting them here. I agree with them in every single allegory… even to the ones I may never understand.
This one is from the Swedish band Pan of Salvation. Lyrics by Daniel Gildenlöw. He is the master of overly simple lyrics… and, come on… writing simple is something tricky as fuck… it is something for the masters. Stupid ones like me will always sound complicated.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, said Da Vinci once.
And I can say it works from engineering design all the way to poetry.
Man, Daniel is good. I have to point his extraordinarily calibrated sense to use repetitive/recurrent statements and how well this works to pass on the compulsive nature of obsessive feelings and how, like some sort of pathological mantra, they monopolize our train of ideas.

Enjoy this chorus-less brick I believe to be among his masterpieces.

If you wait, lyrics by Daniel Gildenlöw

If you wait
If I could ask you to wait
I'd get back, somehow
To you

If I could ask you to wait
I'll bring myself
Home to you

I would walk on this road
Through mud, through grass, through dust, through rain
Whatever I find in my way
I'll power through
I'll power through
Home to you
If you wait
If I could ask you to wait
But I can't ask you to wait

Though it breaks me
Go
I must ask you to go
Go
I must ask you to go
Please go
(I must ask you to go)




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário